*** Trigger Warning *** Suicide and death are discussed
This week’s guest Leroy Tyler discusses his recent attempt at suicide, checking himself into a mental health facility and how travel has given him the help he needed to find himself again. We discuss dark tourism (travel focused on the exploration of locations historically tied to violence and death), our experience with and willingness to expose ourselves to the energies of those destinations, travel to unpopular destinations, organ donation and death. This was an absolutely fascinating conversation. Dive in.
Guest: Leroy Tyler Http://www.instagram.com/bruceleroytravels
Guest Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/leroy30590
Ready to plan your first solo trip? Download my Solo Travel Planning Course! It’s FREE!!! Not new to solo travel? Pass it on to a friend who still has questions.
There’s Travel N Sh!t merch!! For tees, totes, socks, mugs, magnets, phone cases and whatever else I’ve added by now, be sure to check out the new store HERE.
Never miss a Travel N Sh!t beat! Sign up for my mailing list HERE.
If you enjoyed this week or any week’s episode, please take a second to subscribe and rate Travel N Sh!t on the platform you listen. If you’re REALLY feeling froggy, please take this quick listener survey so I can get to know you better!
Don’t forget to take the Nomadness Diversity in Travel Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020DIT
Because Black Lives ALWAYS Matter 👇🏽
- George Floyd Memorial Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- Black Visions Collective: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
- Campaign Zero: https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
- Black Lives Matter: https://www.Blacklivesmatter.com
- Brooklyn Bail Fund https://brooklynbailfund.org
- Justice for Breonna Taylor Petition: https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/justiceforbre-breonna-taylor-officers-fired?source=coc_main_website