With the continued silence of performative allies who once posted black squares in solidarity, it’s easy to begin to question where we belong in the greater scheme of things. Spoiler: WE BELONG EVERYWHERE. We don’t just “belong” where there are other black folks, where people look and sound like us or where we’re used to being. We belong wherever we’re able to connect with the energy. This week I get into some of the places I’ve felt most connected to and where I knew in each moment I was right where I belonged.
Ready to plan your first solo trip? Download my Solo Travel Planning Course! It’s FREE!!! Not new to solo travel? Pass it on to a friend who still has questions.
There’s Travel N Sh!t merch!! For tees, totes, socks, mugs, magnets, phone cases and whatever else I’ve added by now, be sure to check out the new store HERE.
Never miss a Travel N Sh!t beat! Sign up for my mailing list HERE.
If you enjoyed this week or any week’s episode, please take a second to subscribe and rate Travel N Sh!t on the platform you listen. If you’re REALLY feeling froggy, please take this quick listener survey so I can get to know you better!
Don’t forget to take the Nomadness Diversity in Travel Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020DIT
Because Black Lives ALWAYS Matter 👇🏽
- George Floyd Memorial Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- Black Visions Collective: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
- Campaign Zero: https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
- Black Lives Matter: https://www.Blacklivesmatter.com
- Brooklyn Bail Fund https://brooklynbailfund.org
- Justice for Breonna Taylor Petition: https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/justiceforbre-breonna-taylor-officers-fired?source=coc_main_website